- Committed Seventh-day Adventist in good and regular standing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education from an accredited College or University
- Minimum of three (3) years teaching experience desired, at the Kindergarten through fourth grade level working with diverse populations
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of Seventh-day Adventist Education
- North American Division (NAD) Certification
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Assesses the skill level of students and aligns classroom goals and activities to established state and local standards; plans thematic units which integrate curricular areas.
- Instructs students in the language arts, mathematics, social studies, science and the other subjects of the elementary school curriculum; develops and implements performance tasks which address the content standards and cross-cutting competencies
- Includes the appropriate degree of teacher-directed and student-directed activities to provide students with varied learning experiences; incorporates a variety of activities which allow for different student learning styles; may instruct individually grouped classes.
- Assesses student achievement using a variety of assessment tools; holds discussions with parents, faculty and other school personnel to evaluate child’s performance and discuss learning patterns; attends faculty meetings to discuss school problems and teaching methods.
- Infuses problem-solving, communication, citizenship, multicultural competence, school-to-career, and technology skills into all areas of the curriculum; keeps abreast of current educational developments
- May participate in team teaching, curriculum committees and/or other academic and extra-curricular activities
- Maintains classroom discipline.
- Maintains attendance, grade and other required records.
- Perform other duties as assigned.